A Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You Get the Compensation You Need

Enika Vania

You have less than 2 years to file a lawsuit if you were in a commercial truck accident. In some cases, you may be able to pursue damages on more than one party, according to their degree of liability. Comparative negligence is a legal doctrine which states that a truck driver may be responsible for 40 percent of the accident and the other motorist may be 60 percent to blame. This means that the truck driver’s insurance company must pay $40,000.

Less than 2 years to file a lawsuit

In many instances, filing a commercial truck accident lawsuit is the best way to get the compensation you need. Often, the accident was the fault of the truck driver or his employer, and if a commercial truck is at fault, you can hold them responsible. If you have been injured in a commercial truck accident, it is important to act quickly and contact a legal expert as soon as possible.

Liability of truck driver

When a commercial truck causes an accident, the person at fault may be the truck driver or his employer. Liability can be based on a number of factors, including negligence and intentional misconduct. Drivers are generally required to follow state and federal traffic laws, and if they fail to do so, they may be liable for damages caused by the accident. Regardless of the cause, truck drivers should follow all rules of the road and adhere to trucking regulations. Any violations of these rules may result in liability for the truck driver.

Impact of injuries on victim’s family

Those injured in a truck accident will need help with their everyday tasks, such as childcare, transportation, and home management. They will also need help managing their finances. These accidents can result in life-changing injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, and the loss of bodily function. In some cases, limbs may be amputated, requiring multiple surgeries and ongoing therapy. The emotional pain and suffering a victim experiences will last a lifetime.

Damages that may be awarded

There are two types of damages that may be awarded in a truck accident case. Economic damages and non-economic damages, which are awarded to those who have suffered a loss due to the truck accident. Non-economic damages aren’t quantifiable, and the court can impose them in addition to economic damages as punishment or as a deterrent. For example, you may be awarded money for emotional distress, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.

Finding a lawyer

When an accident involves a large commercial truck, finding a commercial truck accident lawyer is essential. Such cases involve a lot of moving parts and the right lawyer can fight for you and get you the best settlement possible. In addition, an experienced attorney can help you recover from your injuries and return to work quickly. However, hiring a lawyer is a major investment that you cannot afford to make unless you are sure that you are getting the best representation possible.

Next Post

Baby Custody

A household law authorized assistant is responsible for supporting the work of a family legislation lawyer and performs an integral function within the functionality of the home law practice. Sometimes, courts order equal or considerably shared parenting in divorce cases or in little one custody issues. Planted Proof – an […]
Baby Custody